Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Tuesday 12 November 2013

My Best Beauty Buys for Christmas 2013


Hi all,

I can't believe it's nearly that time again. The John Lewis advert has been released and the Christmas lights have started to be put up in the town centers. It seems like this year has absolutely flown by. December is by far my favourite month of the year, not only is it Christmas (which I still get stupidly excited about even though I'm no longer a kid) but it's also my birthday. This year I'm turning the big 2-0 and I'm a bit nervous. Anyway, one of my favourite things about this time of year are all the amazing gift sets that the makeup brands come out with. There's so many to choose from that I thought I'd show you what I consider to be the cream of the crop when it comes to makeup giftsets this Christmas.

1. Nars Promiscuous Lip Coffret - £30
Nars have truly outdone themselves this season, with all of the kits with their new Guy Bourdin collection being both stunning and great value for money. I already purchased this as I absolutely had to have it. I've never tried Nars lip pencils before but I have heard so much about them. For £30 you get 5 mini lip pencils which are a decent size and will last you a long time. It's a great kit for anyone who loves their lip products or anyone who loves Nars. I'd get it quick though as I can see this one going fast.

2. MAC Stroke of Midnight Eye Bag - Nude - £39.50
Well it wouldn't quite be right to have a Christmas list featuring makeup and not include MAC would it? I always love MAC's Christmas collections, a great way to try out new products with good value for money. The one that caught my eye this year was the eye bag in nude. For just under £40 you get: Pro Longwear Paintpot in Utterly Becoming; Fluidline in Past Twilight; In Extreme Dimension Lash and a double-ended 209 Eyeliner Brush/239SE Eyeshader brush. I think this is great value and the products are all something I would use everyday. I love the bag that it comes with too.

3. Benefit Little Love Potions Gift Set - £29.50
If you love Benefit or want to try more of their products I think this is such a great idea. It contains miniature versions of all of their products and is valued at £73. Benefit is pretty expensive so it's a great way to try out their best-selling products before deciding if you want to splurge on the full size item.

4. Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Eye Palette - £59
This is the priciest offering, but wow it is worth every single penny. It's a bit out of my price range at the moment but I just think this is gorgeous. All of the shades are incredibly wearable, and you could easily wear them on both a day time and a night out. There's a range of finishes and both warm and cool tones. The packaging is also really nice. I think this would be a great gift for anyone who loves their eyeshadow.

5. Urban Decay Shattered Face Case - £30
You know that you can never go wrong with an Urban Decay gift set. I really love this face case. It has 5 eyeshadows, a Zero Eyeliner, a Super Saturated High gloss lip colour, 2 blushes and a highlighter. I think for £30 this is incredible value as you are getting a lot of high quality products. It allows you to sample all of Urban Decay's range and it will be particularly useful if you travel a lot.

6. Yankee Candle Snowflake Cookie Medium Jar - £16.99
While this isn't a gift set, I think that a Yankee Candle is always a great present. In particular, I love this one called Snowflake Cookie and I think it'd be a great present for anyone this year. It smells lovely and would make a good stocking filler.

7. Burt's Bees Festive Edition Tips and Toes Kit - £13.49
Okay, so this is no different to their usual tip and toes kit except it's in festive packaging, but I still think it's a great buy. I have this kit and really love it. It's a great introduction to the range and the products last forever. My favourites are the lemon cuticle cream and hand salve. My must have products and this is a great way to try them.

8.Stila Color Me Glossy Lip Glaze Set - £29.50
Stila is a brand that makes great quality products, and their lip glazes are highly regarded. I think this would be a great set as for 6 13.5ml lip glazes. There's a huge variety of colours and you are bound to find something you love. For £29.50 it's a bargain.

So there we go, all of my personal best beauty buys for Christmas 2013, which I think would make great presents for any makeup-lovers out there.



Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty