Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Butter London West End Wonderland | Review and Nail Swatch


This is the only Butter London nail polish I've ever tried, but I love it. I spotted this while I was in T K Maxx and instantly loved it. I love glittery nail polishes (even though they are a huge pain to remove) and don't really have many plain gold nail polishes, most of the ones I own have multicolored bits of glitter in them, so I picked this up.

Colour
West End Wonderland is a gorgeous gold colour, as you may be able to see in the pictures, it has slight bronze in the glitter too although this isn't articularly visible. The swatches on my nails are three coats, you could probably get away with two but I prefer the look of three as the glitter looks more compact. The first layer is pretty sheer but means it would be good for layering over other polishes.

Application
Application of this is lovely, it goes on well and is easily layered. It also has really good drying time and I found it began to dry within 20 seconds, which is pretty good for a nail polish. The brush allows for easily controlled application. It's a smaller, thinner brush than other nail polishes but I find this makes it easier to control as I have pretty small nails.

Wear Time
I find wear time to be good on this. I've worn this without a topcoat before while doing washing up and washing my hair (which always seems to mess up my nails) and this stayed on for a good two days before there were any chips. With a top coat I've gotten 5+ days out of this before there is any noticeable chipping. In my experience glitter nail polishes do not last long at all on my nails (Some of them chip badly within hours) but this is one of the better ones.

Availability & Pricing:
Butter London West End Wonderland is available for £12 from Harvey Nichols.

I really like this nail polish and it is a great addition to my collection, I really want to check out the rest of the Butter London range, particularly the non-glitter formulas. They are on the pricier side at £12 but they are great quality.