Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Monday 16 September 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: 100 Ivory | Shade Comparison and First Impressions

Left to Right: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse in 100 Ivory | Revlon Colourstay in Ivory | Illamasqua Rich Liquid in #115 |
 Illamasqua Skin base in 2.0 | YSL Teint Touche Eclat in BR20

So second post of the day here. Usually I'd schedule this because I try and make sure my posts are consistent (usually 1 every other day) but I thought I should try and get this post out as soon as possible. In case you aren't aware, Rimmel have recently released a new foundation called the 'Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation'. It's supposed to leave you skin looking Matte and not leave your skin looking greasy. I thought I'd share this post in case anyone who is thinking of buying this foundation finds it helpful.

I had a sample of this and thought I'd show you a comparison of it compared to some of the other of my foundations. I had the sample of this in 100 Ivory, but I've since learned that there is actually a paler shade in 010 Light Porcelain. I'm off to Boots next weekend so will be sure to swatch it in store and let you know if it's a good pale shade.

As you can see in the swatches, this is a lot darker than my other foundations, and way too dark for me to use (the Revlon is my best match). I often struggle to find matches for my skin colour in Rimmel foundations which is a huge shame as I really want to try their foundations. If you are looking to order this online and do have pale skin, I wouldn't go for the 100 Ivory. It's not a great fit for someone who's pale,  but I'm hoping that the Porcelain is.

First Impression
As I only had a sample this is not a comprehensive review by any means. I also can't comment on wear time as I didn't wear this for long as I couldn't leave the house in a foundation far too dark for my skintone. However, on first impression I really liked this foundation. I found it really easy to apply, I just used my fingers and it applied evenly to the skin and didn't cling to any of my dry patches. I also really liked how far it went. I had the smallest amount on my finger and managed to cover half of my face.

As for it being matte, I'd agree. I don't have oily skin but it did give a matte finish even without powder. It was also good coverage. I'd say it is quite a thick foundation though, so it's not the sort to go for if you want a light, natural looking foundation. I really liked it as I do like the higher coverage foundations, and if Porcelain is a match for me, I will pick it up.

I hope you found this post helpful if you are considering buying this foundation. It retails for £5.99 from Superdrug.
Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty