Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Sunday 21 July 2013

Pale Foundation Swatches | Updated Feat. Illamasqua, Revlon, YSL and Bourjois


I have very fair skin and often struggle to find foundation that matches it, particularly from the drugstore/highstreet. To help others like me, I compiled a huge post containing pale foundation swatches from foundations I'd used throughout the years here. However, this post was actually written a while before it was posted, and I have a few new foundations to add to the swatch list. I no longer have some of the foundations in that post, but swatched the new foundations against some older foundations for comparison.



The first photograph is taken in direct lighting in front of a window, while the second photograph is taken away from the window. This should give you an idea of how the foundations look in different lighting.

The two new shades to my collection are the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation (far left) and the New Revlon 24 Hour Colourstay Foundation (this is different to the old one, I've had both and much prefer this).

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in BR20
The YSL foundation is in the shade BR20 (so the second lightest of the pink undertones range). I was matched to this instore by the sales assistant, however I don't think it's the best match for me at all. It looks better on my face than it does on my arm, but it is still too dark and too pinky. Before I was matched by the sales assistant, the colour B10 looked like the best match for me but she said that would be too light. I'd say this it too dark for my skin and I need blending to make it match. However, there is a shade lighter than this, so that could be a better pale match. It is very similar in shade to the Bourjois foundation which is too dark for me too ( I have the lightest shade 51).

Revlon 24 Hour Colourstay in Ivory
This is a new formulation of the Revlon Colourstay foundation, and I much prefer the new formulation. I will be doing a review on it soon because I really love this foundation. The colour is lighter than the previous formula and it is a great match for my skin. Along with the L'oreal True Match Perfection this is one of the best drugstore/highstreet offerings I've found to suit pale skin. It is darker than both the Illamasqua shades which I find are just a bit too pale for me.

Let me know what foundations you love for your skin or any recommendations in the comments!




Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty