Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sleek Blush by 3 - Pumpkin | Review










I love blushes. As a very pale person I love the way adding a blush to my face can make me look so much more alive. I also love how blushers can compliment the rest of your makeup and how they can change based on the season. In winter, I love deep, darker cheeks but in summer I love peachy, orange cheeks. One of my favourite drugstore/highstreet brands for blushers is definitely Sleek. They make really good quality blushers in a wide range for a very inexpensive price.

Last summer, Sleek MakeUP came out with their 'Blush By 3' blusher palettes. These came with three blushers with a mix of matte and shimmer shades. I immediately fell in love, I love blusher but love it even more when its easy to carry around. I travel quite a lot between my hometown and my university town so having makeup that I can carry with me is a big plus. I was also really attracted to the colours available too.

Shades:
The blush by 3 palette I have here is called 'Pumpkin' and as you can see the shades inside are very vibrant. I love this palette for summer, in particularly the bright pink and bright orange are great summer colours. They are very pigmented too, as you can see from the swatches. This means it is easy to get the colour in the pan on the cheeks, which is often a problem with some blushes. There are 4 more different palettes available along with a newly released Blush by 3 as part of the Candy collection. There are darker shades and more neutral shades to suit everyone.

Application:
The application of these blushes is nice, the shimmer shade is slightly easier to work with than the mattes which can be slightly powdery. But for the price, it is worth having to spend a little extra time blending them. The lasting power on these is also good, although this is increased with a setting spray.

Pricing:
The Sleek Blush by 3 Palettes are priced at £9.99 which works out at less than £3.50 for each blush. At 20g too this means a decent amount of product so this palette will last. Also, the pigmentation on these is so good, that you literally only need a tiny tiny bit on your brush to achieve the colours in the pan. I've made this mistake many a time, putting the usual amount of blush on my brush and then ending up with clown cheeks.

Availability:
The SleekMakeUP blush by 3 palettes are available from Superdrug and Sleek MakeUP.



Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty