Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Monday 8 July 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Swatch and Comparison

Hey guys, this is just a quick post about the new Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. There has been huge hype created by this foundation all over internet and I've seen many bloggers rave about it. I recently purchased it as I wanted to see if it lived up to its claims. I've only worn this once so far so I'm not ready to publish my thoughts on it yet, but so far I am really enjoying it.

I thought I'd publish this post for people like myself who often struggle with finding foundations. I'm pretty pale and often struggle when finding foundation to match my skin, which I did a post about here. Before buying the Urban Decay foundation I checked swatches to check if it would match my skin before getting matched in store. Hopefully this comparison will help some of those who were wondering if this foundation caters to pale skin tones.

L-R: Urban Decay Foundation in 0.5 |L'oreal Infallible in Porcelain | Illamasqua Skin Base in 2 | Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Alabaster

 

Swatched here is the palest shade in the line, 0.5. This shade does have pink undertones (as do all shades ending in .5) but I find it isn't too pink as I actually lean to warm undertones and this doesn't make my face look bright pink. I'd say this is darker than Illamasqua Skin Base, a tad darker that the L'oreal and similar to the Bobbi Brown (BB looks slightly lighter because its a cream consistency rather than a liquid). This works for my face as I find it looks slightly lighter when applied. I do need to make sure to blend into my jaw line though.

I think if you are pale this could be a good match for you, however if you find you Bobbi Brown or Illamasqua too dark for you, this probably wouldn't suit your skin colour.






Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty