Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Thursday 18 July 2013

YSL Manifesto Eau De Parfum | Review



I bought this fragrance around Christmas and have nearly used it all up. This has been my signature scent for the past 6 months and now that I've nearly finished the bottle, I thought I'd give you my thoughts on it.

Packaging:

As to be expected of a YSL product, the packaging feels luxurious and looks expensive. I'm not usually too bothered by packaging of makeup products, but I like my perfume bottles to look good so they look nice on my dressing table. The YSL bottle is a clear, glass hourglass shaped bottle with bits of purple and gold. I personally like this bottle, its eye-catching without being too in your face.

Scent:

Heart Notes: Sambac Jasmine Absolute, Lily of the Valley Accord, Creamy Accord

Top Notes: Bergamot Oil, Blackcurrant Buds Absolute, Crispy Green Accord

Base Notes: Cedarwood Heart Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Bourbon Vanilla Absolute CO2, Tonka Bean Absolute

I find it hard to describe perfumes, but to me YSL Manifesto is a sweet, floral fragrance.  However, I would describe it as a more 'mature' floral scent, it is different from some the very overly floraly scents often worn by young teenager, and is aimed more towards the older crowds. Personally, I can really smell the vanilla and jasmine in this when I spray it.

Its an Eau De Parfum, so that means the scent is more powerful.

Lasting Power:

This personally lasts all day on me. I have no need to retouch it. The smell does fade a bit towards the end of the day, but personally I think it has good lasting power for  perfume.

Pricing:

 A 30ml bottle will set you back around £47.00. This is quite expensive for a perfume, especially compared to what is currently available on the market. However, YSL is a premium brand and that is reflected in both the product and the price.

Availability:

You can buy YSL Manifesto from House of Fraser.




Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty