Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Sunday 15 December 2013

MAC Paintpot in 'Let's Skate!' | Review and Swatches


MAC's paintpots are a holy grail in the beauty community, they prime your eyelids while adding colour to shimmer, intensifying your eyeshadows. They come in a variety of shades but Let's Skate! is by far my favourite. I originally got this paintpot as part of a limited edition holiday collection (which is why the packaging is white and not black), and I limited myself to using it as I didn't want to run out of it, thankfully though, MAC has added this shade to its permanent line.

Pigmentation:
The pigmentation on this is good. It is a very pale pink, it is hard to get it to show up on my skin because I am so pale, but for those of you with a darker complexion, the pink will be easier to see. Because of my pale skin, I love how this can give me a quite natural, but shimmer eye. This is a very shimmery paintpot, the shimmer does come out on your lids. There is no fall out, but people will be able to notice the shimmer. If you want to wear it on it's own, the shimmer won't be a subtle sheen. I like to wear this under cool-tonned shimmery eyeshadows. My favourite eyeshadow to wear over this is Urban Decay's Sin. The two go really well together, and the paintpot intensifies the shimmer in Sin.

Lasting Power:
Like all MAC paintpots, this lasts all day on me. I've even worn this on it's own before because I love the colour, and although on its own it won't last all day (around 6-8 hours of wear), with primer underneath it, it will last all day. Without a primer, the shimmer will last but the pale pink shade will fade a bit. I don't have oily eyelids, so that is something to keep in mind.

Application:
This is really easy to apply. I use my fingers to apply it as I find it easier to apply and quicker. However, you can also use a synthetic brush to apply it. The product is creamy and so easy to apply to the lid, if you have very dry lids I would moisturise them a bit first, as application can be hindered if your lids are dry. On the majority of eyelids though, this product applies well and has a very creamy texture.

Availability and Pricing:
MAC Let's Skate! and the rest of the range of their paintpots are available for £15.00 at MAC Cosmetics.



Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty