Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Monday 3 February 2014

Illamasqua Loose Powder - Translucent | Review


Powder is one of the more boring things to repurchase, but it's also one of the most important. I have really dry skin, but I still need to make sure that I powder my skin to make sure I don't get any unwanted shine and that my makeup stays on my face. I've tried quite a few powders, but the one I always go back to is Illamasqua's. It has everything I would need from a powder.

The Claim:
'Express who you are through the way you look, then give it the perfect finish. Finely milled and perfectly matt, Illamasqua Loose Powder is soft and light, and fixes your make-up flawlessly, holding it in place while you hold everyone’s attention. A must in the kits of the Illamasqua Art Team when working on set.' 
My Thoughts:
I have this powder in translucent (it's not white - it doesn't show up as any colour on your face so don't worry about it making you look like Caspar the friendly ghost). I always get my powder in traslucent if I can, as I'm pretty pale and find that a lot of powders just look awful on me, by using translucent this combats the problem. I wouldn't recommend this is your skin is darker than medium though, it may look a bit ashy on your skintone.

Illamasqua's claim that this is finely milled is spot on, this dissappears into the skin and doesn't leave your skin looking cakey. It's also brilliant for removing shine. I use this on the center of my cheeks (where I get the most shine) and it completely mattifies it, and I'll have no shine on my face all day.

It also keeps your makeup in place all day, combined with a good primer and your makeup won't shift. I wear this everyday and find that my makeup will last until the end of the day. I don't have oily skin so I can't say for sure how it will hold up, but my sister has combination/oily skin and she loves it.

I have it in the loose powder format, which I do like but I think when I need to repurchase it I will go for the pressed powder version. The only reason for this is that I travel quite a bit (to and from uni - 4 hour journey) and I always worry when taking my powder as I don't want it to accidentally open and spill. This has never happened to me and the lid does fasten securely on. However, I think the pressed powder version is more travel friendly. This powder lasts for ever though, I think I've had this very tub for nearly 2 years now, and you can see I've still got loads left.

I really recommend this powder, I've already got my sister hooked on it and I don't see a need for me to ever try a new brand of powder.

Availability & Pricing:
Illamasqua Loose Powder is £23 and available to buy from Illamasqua.