Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Saturday 14 September 2013

Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation N10 | Review and Swatch

I'm always on the search for the perfect foundation for my skin. I recently stumbled upon Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation and have been using it for the past 6 months. I've nearly run out of it, so thought now was time for me to tell you my thoughts on it, having used it for a long period. Cover FX is a less known about brand, and there aren't as many reviews on the foundation, so I thought I'd post my thoughts to help those who are considering this foundation.

The Claim:
'A rich emollient based cream foundation with buildable coverage. Provides optimum coverage of skin imperfections such as acne, redness, under eye circles, uneven skin tones, post-surgical bruising, vitiligo, and tattoos.'

Packaging:
I really like the packaging of this. While it may not feel luxurious or expensive, it's really easy to carry around. I find that foundation is the most essential thing in my makeup bag, yet it is the hardest thing to carry around with you. As much as I love glass bottles, if these were to smash in my bag, it would be chaos. I also don't like carrying foundations with pumps or loose lids around with me as I don't want product leaking into my bag. The packaging of this is very lightweight and it is easy to put in your makeup bag with no worries of it coming open. The lid is also securely closed. You can also easily see how much product you have left.

The product also comes with a mirror which makes it easier to touch up on the go. It also comes with a sponge for application, but as you can see, I haven't used that.

Colour:
On the House of Fraser website, there are 27 different shades of this foundation available. I have this in the second lightest shade and you can see it's pretty pale. In fact, I think this foundation is just a hint too pale for me. This shade range is some of the best I've seen, catering for the very light skin tones to the very dark. They also cater for different undertones. The N range is neutral, the P range is for pink tones and the G range is for golden undertones.

Coverage:
This is where this foundation works its magic. It is the most high coverage foundation I have ever used, it can cover up anything -blemishes, really bad dark circles etc. This will either be a positive or a negative. If you love high coverage foundation, this will be perfect for you. However, if you love the natural look or only like to wear a light coverage (such as a BB Cream) you will not like this foundation. It is also difficult to sheer it out as it's a cream formulation. I've also heard of people using this foundation only as a concealer due to its high coverage. It claims to be able to be used to cover up tattoos and really bad scars, I don't have have either of the two so can't test it out. In the two photos above you can see how well it covered up the black pen on my hand, this shows the type of coverage you can get.

Application:
I find this a bit harder to apply than a liquid foundation. You need to make sure to warm up the product into your hand and make sure you use a blending brush to blend it into the skin. Once blended, it does look more blended into your skin than a liquid foundation. The only downside is that I find it takes longer to apply this foundation, which can be a pain if you are in a hurry. I find the best way to apply this is with my fingers in dots all over my face, then to blend this together with a buffing brush.

This foundation also contains SPF 30 which is great for protecting your skin.

Availability and Pricing:
Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation is £34.00 and available from House of Fraser.

Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty