Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Sunday 29 September 2013

Nars Powder Blush in Oasis | Review and Swatch



Shade:
Nars has a huge range available for their powder blushes. They also have a good range of shades available in their cream blusher formulation too, although not as extensive. They often release new colours with their collections and have a number of blushes available in Duos. With 28 powder blush shades currently available on their website, there is a lot to choose from.

The colour I have is called Oasis and it's described as a 'Sparkling Pink Champagne'. On me, I'd say it leans more brown than pink, but I am very fair, so on a more tanned skin tone the blush may lean more pink. There is subtle gold shimmer in the blush but this isn't noticeable on the cheek, you can also tap the shimmer off of your brush if you wish. The shimmer on the cheeks simply adds a radiant glow, it is not like the chunky glitter you see in some blushes. I'd say this blush is good for all skintones, I like how it looks on my skin even though I'm very fair, and I think it would look just as good as somebody with a darker skintone.

Application and Pigmentation:
Nars blushes are very pigmented and you don't need a lot on your brush to go a long way. The application is easy, the blush does not look powdery or cakey at all and is easy to blend into the skin. Nars blushes are also very long lasting, this lasts all day on me without any touch ups needed..

Packaging:
Most people have a love-hate relationship with Nars packaging. Whilst it looks sleek and is very easy to carry about, it is also prone to getting marks from other makeup on it or smudges from fingerprints making it look dirty. I personally like the Nars packaging, it's very easy to put into your makeup bag, knowing that it won't get crushed and product won't break or fall out which has happened with other brand blushes before.

Pricing & Availability:
Nars blushes are certainly one of the more expensive on the market at £21.50 but their high end price tag is worth it due to their pigmentation and consistency. You can buy Oasis and browse the rest of the collection at Nars Cosmetics.

So those are my thoughts on Nars' blush in Oasis, does anyone else own this blush, it seems to be a less talked about shade. I really want to try the Nars blushes in Angelika and Sin next.

Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty