Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Illamasqua Precision Ink in Alchemy | Review


I'm usually a gel eyeliner kinda girl. I always use my trustworthy Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black Ink on my waterline and tightline and generally don't line my top eyelid. However, sometimes I want to line the top lid, and instead of choosing a traditional black, I often opt for Illamasqua's Precision Ink in Alchemy. I've heard from many sources that this eyeliner is practically identical to MAC SuperSlick Eyeliner in Pure Show, personally I don't own this so I can't say for sure.

Colour:
One of the best things about this eyeliner is the colour payoff. As you can see in the swatch, the gold colour is very intense. I find a lot of metallic coloured eyeliners tend to have a liquid with glitter particles suspended in them, meaning that the effect is lots of glitter bits with no sold colour. However, this is a solid gold colour and you do not need to use a lot of coats to achieve this. I believe this is what makes this product worth its pricetag as the colour payoff is some of the best I've seen.

Application:
This is housed in Illamasqua's trade sleek black packaging. Personally, I am a big fan of Illamasqua's packaging as I find it all to look sleek and uniform. However, if you own many of these or a lot of eyeliners, I can see this being a problem when trying to find certain colours.Without opening the eyeliner or looking for the name up close you can't tell this apart from the other eyeliners in Illamasqua's range. Personally I don't own many liquid eyeliners so this isn't a problem for me, but I can see others finding it a hassle.

This has a felt tip type applicator which I find easiest for liquid liner. I'm by no means the best at putting liquid eyeliner on, but I find with this colour it is a bit more forgiving if I do make a mistake.

Lasting Power:
This really stays put. According to Illamasqua this is waterproof, and while I haven't poured a bucket of water over my head to find out, I have find that this stays put whenever I wear it out and I don't need to worry about it smearing all down my face. I don't have oily eyelids but the lasting power on this is very good that I feel like it would last on someone with the most oily eyelids.

Avalibility and Prices: 
Illamasqua's Precision Ink liners are available from Illamasqua for £17.00. This is quite pricey for a liquid eyeliner however I do believe this worth the money. I use this a lot even though its not a 'traditional' eyeliner colour. If you do find this to be a lot, they do have precision inks in more traditional colours which some may get more wear out of.

Would I repurchase?:
I do really like this as I find it lasts well and the colour pay off is excellent. I'd really like to try Illamasqua's liners in 'Abyss' (black) and 'Havoc' (brown) next as I really like this formula.