Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Monday 26 August 2013

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Katie | Review and Swatch


Illamasqua blushes are one of the most raved about products of their brand, and it's easy to see why. I love their blushes, they're easy to apply, last for a long time and the pigmentation is great. My favourite blush from them, and the one I am reviewing today, is called 'Katie'. It's a light pink powder blush from their main collection.

Packaging:
The blush is housed in Illamasqua's typical sleek, black packaging. What I love most about this packaging is you can see the colour of the blush without opening the packaging up. The packaging is also extremely lightweight so would be easy to carry around with you.

Shade: 
The thing that first drew me to this blush was the colour. It's a pale pink colour that looks lovely on the cheeks. It is quite a natural looking colour so is great for people who like their makeup to look natural. However, the colour can be built up in order to achieve a darker look. The only issue with this blush is that due to its colour, people who have medium-dark skin may find it doesn't show up on them. But for all those as fair as me, this blush will look lovely on your skintones.

Application and Pigmentation:
The blush is very easy to apply, I'd go so far as to say that this is one of the most easy to apply blushes I've ever used. It is very soft and not in the least bit powdery -which is great for my dry skin! It applies easily and also blends well into the skin. The Pigmentation is also good, you can layer it up to achieve a more intense colour, or use less to achieve a more natural-looking blush. The blush also has a good lasting time, and I find I don't need to touch it up in the day.

Pricing:
For £18.00 this blush is one of the more expensive available on the market. However, I think the price is justified for the qualirt. Illamasqua often have sales on their stock throughout the year too, I've managed to pick up blushers for under £8 before!

Availability:
The whole range of Illamasqua Blushes (both Powder and Cream) are available from Illamasqua.




Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty