Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Saturday 3 August 2013

Pale Concealer | Swatches Feat. Illamasqua, Rimmel, GOSH & Collection


Quite a few people remarked on my pale foundation swatches post that it was helpful for them to see swatches of the foundations side by side. So I decided to do a post on the pale concealers in my collection. I only actually own four concealers, which I realise isn't very any at all. When it comes to concealer, it is such an important item in my makeup routine that once I find something that does the job I'm very hesitant to change it. I thought I'd swatch all the concealers I have and let you know my quick thoughts about them!



The swatches are all taken in natural sunlight and there has been no editing of the photos (other than to add a border and swatch labels)
.

Illamasqua Concealer in #115

As you can see, the Illamasqua concealer is by far the palest offering. Like in my foundation swatches, Illamasqua is the clear winner. In my experience, Illamasqua are one of the best make up brands available for pale skin, with both their foundations and concealers starting at pure white and working upwards. The Illamasqua offering is also the priciest but the best option if you are super fair and find highstreet/drugstore concealers are too dark for you. It is a cream formulation so needs warming up in your hands to make it easier to work with, but has the best coverage out of all of them. It's good for concealing blemishes and imperfections. It works quite well on the under eye area as well, Illamasqua also have a concealer specifically for the undereye area, which I haven't tried.

GOSH Click N Conceal in 01 Light

The Gosh concealer is the newest addition to my collection, and a more thorough review can be found here. It is darker than the Illamasqua offering and more yellow toned than both the Rimmel and Collection concealers. The concealer works by clicking the pen until the product comes out and then either applying it directly to the skin or with a brush. It is a very liquidy format but a little goes a long way and it can be blended into the skin easily. It has good coverage and has a nice finish on the skin. It is darker than my foundation so I either use it before my foundation or make sure to blend it in very well on top of my foundation.

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer in Ivory

I was surprised to find a pale concealer from Rimmel considering all of their foundations are too dark for me (I wish there was a shade in the Wake me Up range that was not orange on my skin). It is a cream formula and can either be applied directly from the tube or with a brush. It has good coverage and works well for covering blemishes (as the name suggests) and can also be sheered out to use on the eye. Make sure your set it with a powder as cream products can move around your face or transfer more easily. For the price, it's a good concealer. It's not the palest, but is one of the better high-street offerings, it leans more pink-based than yellow.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01 Light

Is there anyone in the world who loves beauty but hasn't heard the raves about this bad boy? It's the cheapest of the lot and a very good concealer. It has good coverage and it easily blended into the skin. It's best for concealing blemishes as it can be a little drying in the under eye area. It's a liquid so you can either apply it from the applicator or with a brush. I haven't explored many pale concealers as I've been using this non-stop (I've gone through 6 tubes), but have recently decided to try more concealers. It's very similar in colour to the Rimmel concealer, it is quite pale but still not a perfect match for me. But for the price, it's worth spending the little bit extra time blending.

That's all the concealers I've tried for my pale skin, I'll update this post with more swatches if I add any more concealers to my collection (currently on my wishlist are Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain and Nars Concealer in Chantilly). If you have any recommendations for pale concealers let me know, and tell me your favourite concealers too!



Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty