Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Sunday 18 August 2013

Sleek iDivine Palette in Original | Review and Swatches



I love Sleek MakeUP, they are probably my favourite drugstore/highstreet brand by far. Their products are always of high quality My favourite product of theirs are their blushes (which I blogged about here) and their eyeshadow palettes. They are very high quality and comparable to products I own from high end brands, but are a fraction of the price. Sleek had a wide variety of eyeshadow palettes available in their iDivine range, including the Storm palette which is often compared to Urban Decay's Naked Palette. The palette I'm reviewing today is the Original iDivine palette which has much more bright and vibrant shades in it.

I've had this for years now, sorry if the palette looks a bit dirty! I tried my best to clean it before taking photos.

The Claim:
'Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divines are 12 shades of high-quality, super-pigmented eyeshadow, suited to every skin tone.'
Pigmentation:
The pigmentation on these eyeshadows is good as you can see from the swatches. Each of the swatches has been swatched 3 times but this was for consistency, I could have gotten away with 2 on all of them but the matte black.The swatches are all on bare skin with no primer.

The matte black is the only shadow in this palette that I'd say isn't as good pigmentation. It is also a bit powdery in formulation as well and I found it much harder to swatch. The shimmery shades are good quality and high in pigmentation. The darker shades are more pigmented (particularly numbers 2,3,4 and 5) and have a really creamy formula. The lighter shades do have less pigmentation but this is because they are lighter shades rather than because of the quality. After the matte black, 7 is the least pigmented but it's a very light colour and the formula on it is still good. I'd also say that the lighter shades have more noticeable shimmer than the darker shades.

My favourite shades are 8, 9 and 11, they create a really nice twist on the natural looking eye and are easy to carry off. I especially love these shades for the summer time as I think the pink looks lovely with summer clothes.

Staying Power:
I always wear my eyeshadows over a primer (Urban Decay's Primer Potion) and I find that these eyeshadows will last all day on me with no creasing. I don't suffer from oily lids though, so can't say if they fare up as well on oily eyelids. The pigmentation and shimmer stays and there is also no fall out onto the cheeks.

Packaging:
The packaging is compact meaning it is easy to carry around with you, and the opening is secure so it won't accidentally open in your bag. It does come with a sponge applicator which I don't use as I only use brushes for apply my eyeshadow. Mine has fallen apart a bit and I've barely used it.

Pricing and Availability:
The whole range of Sleek iDivine eyeshadow palettes are available from Sleek MakeUP for £7.99 each.

I love the Sleek iDivine palettes and think they are great value for 12 high quality eyeshadows. They have a huge range of palettes to suit everyone's taste. I'm especially excited by their new Vintage Romance palette which is coming out in September, so keep an eye out for that.


Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty